Why can you never be bored in the City of Prince George?
Have you ever felt bored in the City of Prince George? No way. I’ve been the General Manager for Volunteer Prince George (VPG) for one month now and I am continually amazed by the amount of volunteering opportunities available in our city – every day, week, month, and year!
Just this weekend alone April 28th to May 1st, there are 5 events that need YOUR help:
- Investors Group Walk for Alzheimer’s fundraising event on May 1st
- Wellness North Expo from April 29 to May 1
- Special Olympics BC – Prince George Screening for individuals with intellectual disabilities on May 1
- Healthy Kids Day hosted by your local YMCA on May 1st at Canada Games Plaza
- Theatre North West’s production of GIRL IN THE GOLDFISH BOWL
Not what you are interested in? Well, check out the HUGE list of volunteer opportunities on VPG’s website. From “Arts & Culture” to “Children & Youth” to “Sports & Recreation”, there is bound to be a volunteer position that matches your interests, skills, and availability.
Do you need convincing that volunteering is for you? Just read this article by Firespring.org “Nonprofit Marketing: “What’s In It for Me?” Five Ways Volunteering Actually Benefits Your Volunteers.” From fueling your passion to expanding your network, volunteering offers tremendous benefits to individuals as well as make a positive impact on our community!
How did you volunteer this weekend? I’d love to hear your volunteer stories. Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org or connect with me on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/VolunteerPG #volunteerpg. Have a great weekend!
Sarah – GM for Volunteer Prince George
“Empowering action . . . building Community”