Have you ever felt bored in the City of Prince George? No way. I’ve been the General Manager for Volunteer Prince George (VPG) for one month now and I am continually amazed by the amount of volunteering opportunities available in our city – every day, week, month, and year!
Just this weekend alone April 28th to May 1st, there are 5 events that need YOUR help:
- Investors Group Walk for Alzheimer’s fundraising event on May 1st
- Wellness North Expo from April 29 to May 1
- Special Olympics BC – Prince George Screening for individuals with intellectual disabilities on May 1
- Healthy Kids Day hosted by your local YMCA on May 1st at Canada Games Plaza
- Theatre North West’s production of GIRL IN THE GOLDFISH BOWL
Not what you are interested in? Well, check out the HUGE list of volunteer opportunities on VPG’s website. From “Arts & Culture” to “Children & Youth” to “Sports & Recreation”, there is bound to be a volunteer position that matches your interests, skills, and availability.
Do you need convincing that volunteering is for you? Just read this article by Firespring.org “Nonprofit Marketing: “What’s In It for Me?” Five Ways Volunteering Actually Benefits Your Volunteers.” From fueling your passion to expanding your network, volunteering offers tremendous benefits to individuals as well as make a positive impact on our community!
How did you volunteer this weekend? I’d love to hear your volunteer stories. Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org or connect with me on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/VolunteerPG #volunteerpg. Have a great weekend!
Sarah – GM for Volunteer Prince George
“Empowering action . . . building Community”