Volunteer Prince George (VPG) has a part time position opening for a skilled, dynamic and outgoing professional to oversee all VPG operations, including planning, organizing, directing, controlling and administering day-to-day activities, programs and operations consistent with the agency policies, goals and objectives. The General Manager will ensure that a high standard of program delivery is maintained, that services are delivered in a professional/efficient manner and promote the agency’s activities through contact with the community and membership.
ABOUT VOLUNTEER PRINCE GEORGE:
VPG is a non-profit organization dedicated to supporting the needs of volunteers and the community organizations that require volunteer help. We operate as a stand-alone volunteer centre recognized by Volunteer Canada and function as a key resource for volunteer involvement.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum completion of a high school diploma. Additional post-secondary education or training in a related field would be an asset.
- Minimum of three years’ experience working in a not-for-profit charitable environment.
- Experience with volunteer management and sector.
- Experience as a member of a board of directors or experience supporting the work of a board of directors or a like body.
- Valid class five driver’s license and access to personal vehicle.
- Clear criminal record check.
- Senior level experience in managing budgets and grant writing.
- Excellent team work skills and exemplary interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated bookkeeping skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to manage staff, both paid and volunteer.
- Relevant marketing and promotion experience required.
- Able to leverage social media technologies such as Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, blogs, and working knowledge of web analytics software.
- Proficient in in using personal computer and various office software packages including Microsoft Office, QuickBooks, Databases, and E-mail.
SALARY: $15-$17 per hour – commensurate with experience.
HOURS: 20 hours per week
START DATE: As soon as possible
APPLICATION DEADLINE: March 2, 2016
Please forward your resume, cover letter and the names/contact information for three references, in confidence, to We would like to thank all candidates in advance for their interest, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.