RIGHTS OF VOLUNTEERS
- To be treated as a co-worker
- To be given a suitable assignment
- To know as much about the organization as possible
- To receive training for the position
- To have regular evaluations of their performance
- To be given sound guidance and direction
- To be given opportunities for promotion and a variety of experience
- To be heard and be recognized
- To work in a healthy, safe and respectful environment
Check out our new directory for all the latest volunteer opportunities!!
Did you know?
- 44% of people age 15 and up in Canada volunteer 2 billion hours per year.
- The highest rate of volunteering is those age 15-19 at 66% giving 110 hours/yr.
- The most hours given is by those age 55+ contributing 39% of all volunteer hours at 200+ hours/yr.
*This is according to the latest Canada Survey on Giving, Volunteering & Participating conducted by Statistics Canada in 2013.