I’m extremely excited to be attending the Volunteer Centre Leadership Forum hosted by Volunteer Canada at Mount Royal University in Calgary, AB on May 24-25, 2016.
Besides enjoying incredible networking opportunities, I will get to participate in discussions on:
- Trends in Volunteering and Volunteer Management
- Common database platforms
- Employer-supported volunteering
- Social media
- Skills-based volunteering
- Celebrating Canada’s 150th
- Volunteer screening
- And more!
I am looking forward to bringing this information back to volunteers and volunteer managers in our community and to developing workshops and partnerships using these new trends and knowledge.
YOUR feedback is wanted on “Professional Development Opportunities for Leaders of Volunteers” in our community:
- What training and capacity building in volunteer management/engagement is currently available in the City of Prince George? How is it provided? Do you think there are gaps in what is available to meet needs?
- Are there unique models or partnerships to share (ex. with educational institutions)?
Cheers to Volunteers,
Volunteer Prince George