The next Crisis Responder training session at the Crisis Centre for Northern BC starts in January 2019. Volunteering as a crisis line worker involves providing emotional support to callers over the phone lines and chat, defining and assessing crisis, empowering callers to make their own decisions and plans, offering suicide intervention, and much more. This is extremely rewarding work as we sit with people in their darkest times and support them through it.We provide:
• Over 70 hours of intensive training,
• The possibility of glowing reference letters,
• Invaluable experience talking with and supporting people in crisis,
• ASIST (Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training) certificate, recognized worldwide as leading education in suicide prevention and intervention.
Application due: Mon. Dec 30, 2019
Training Fee: $100 (for training costs and ASIST which is usually $150 alone)
Training Dates (you must be available for all of the following dates):
• Sat. Jan 5AND Sun. Jan 6 (9am-4.30pm) – Classroom Training
• Sat. Jan 12AND Sun. Jan 13 (9am-4.30pm) – ASIST (Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training)
• Sat. Jan 19AND Sun. Jan 20 (9am-4.30pm) – Classroom Training
There will be additional training dates that will be scheduled for after Jan 20 according to your availability.
If interested, please contact the Program Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org